[Healeys] The Drive Begins

Subject: [Healeys] The Drive Begins
From: ATIGHTPROD at aol.com (ATIGHTPROD at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:15:27 -0400 (EDT)
Just so all of you know, John Nikas took off this morning from Huntington
Beach this morning in a 1953 BN1 on his journey to help Drive Away Cancer.
Two  weeks ago, this car could barely get out of its own way, now with the
help of  numerous Healey people, it and John are heading out on a 5800 mile
trip from  coast to coast to coast. From Huntington Beach to Charlotte and
then back to  Monterey, with the journey coming to completion on the main stage
of the Russo  and Steele Car Auction in Monterey, California.
    To follow his trip, you can go to a Facebook page  dedicated to this
endeavor:

_http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drive-Away-Cancer/144136362339359?ref=ts#!/pa
ges/Drive-Away-Cancer/144136362339359_
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drive-Away-Cancer/144136362339359?ref=ts#!/pages/Drive-Away-Cancer/144136362339359
)

I know it's a long link, but I don't know how to  make them smaller, the
page is totally public so you can go there and follow the  journey and if you
hit the "like" button at the top, you will be notified of  updates. The
route and timing will be updated there and I reach out to our  community to
help
out whenever they can, if they can.
    It's fitting that the car itself has its own rust  cancer, but with all
of the work and love that has gone into "Grace", we are  confident she will
carry John all the way on his journey. A video of John  leaving the Pier
will be posted soon on youtube and I will post the link to the  video as soon
as it's ready.
    If you have any questions, do not hesitate to  contact me and if you
can, pass the word to all the clubs along the way and  maybe a cheering
section can be formed along the side of the road! As of right  now, the route
is
tentatively set as Highway 40 out to the east coast and then  80 back, but
that may change and updates will be provided. And oh yeah, the show  in
Monterey is on the 18th of August, so this is going to be one quick  trip!
    Thank you all,
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598