[Healeys] Fw: volt drop

Subject: [Healeys] Fw: volt drop
From: richard.ewald at gmail.com (Richard Ewald)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:29:06 -0700
Joel,
Is the drop on the power side or the ground side?  You should check both
side, and repair the side that has the excessive drop.
If for example the power side has a 2.0V drop and the ground side has 0.2V
drop changing the ground cable is not going to help.
One problem that shows up on show cars and fancy hot rods is they paint
everything before assembly and they have paint to paint contact between the
starter and the bellhousing and between the bellhousing and engine and
between the engine and the ground strap.  The result is a very pretty car
that won't start.
You need good metal to metal contact.
good luck
Rick