[Healeys] wiring

Subject: [Healeys] wiring
From: ruvino at ripnet.com (Dr. C. Rubino)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:11:07 -0400
Installed an alternator in my 100/6 and inadvertently did not tighten down the
holder for the coil. While touring yesterday the coil slipped back and one
terminal (white wires) touched the dip stick and emitted its smoke. One wire,
the one going to the fuse box, burned down about 6 inches but the fuse did not
blow. I will have to slice into the harness to see it the burn goes further.
If it does I propose to run a new wire from the coil to the fuse box.

Does that make sense? Any suggestion for gauge of wire?