[Healeys] Number next to mine (BN2)

Subject: [Healeys] Number next to mine (BN2)
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:43:56 -0400
Gentlemen,

BN2L 230436 is a bit out of sequence compared to most others around it, but
so are a few others. Batch 5758 began showing regularly about 20th February
'56. However various other similar instances where this took place can be
found by looking at some cars that were out of sequence such as:
BN2L 230343 apparently built January '56 from Batch 5758 Body 12550
BN2L 230241 being from Batch 5758, Body 12471 listed as built 23 Feb.'56
while all the chassis numbers built around these cars are from Batch 5690
and were built around early to mid January '56.

It will always be a mystery as to why some cars can be weeks or months out
of normal sequence. Reasons varied from waiting for a specific trim colour,
to specially ordered components that took the car off the line for
installation, or perhaps the opposite such as a special order for some
person who saw it pushed through to completion a.s.a.p.

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar