[Healeys] Turn signals

Subject: [Healeys] Turn signals
From: davzu29 at cox.net (David Z)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:26:37 -0400
I checked the archives, but didn't see anything quite like my problem. I have
a BJ8 with a turn signal challenge. When I moved the trafficator lever I had
no illumination of any turn signal light on the car.  I checked the turn
signal canister and had current going in, but none coming out. On top of that,
the cannister got hot. Feeling hopeful, I got a new cannister and now the
lights on each respective side goes on when they should, but they don't blink.
I get continuous current to each light. Is my new cannister bad? One added
pain, when the signals were working, my turn indicator lamps on the dash would
blink about 3 times, then would go out.
TIA
David Z.