[Healeys] Non Healey - Buddy Holly

Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey - Buddy Holly
From: nelson_wd at msn.com (W.D. Nelson)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:29:36 -0500
I am of the age that I love Buddy, the Big O and Elvis.  My trip of 7,000
miles through Mexico in 1963 in my MK II Healey was described in the
July/August issue of The Healey Magazine.  I did not include in the article
the story of the end of that trip when I drove from Kansas to my first job in
Seattle.  I stopped in Las Vegas and drove up to the Sands where Elvis was
filming Viva Las Vegas.  Drove up to where they had the movie set barricaded
and security was turning away all the tourists.  They saw the Healey, moved
the barricades and waved me through; I drove into the parking for all the set
employees and watched the filming.  I guess they recognized the VIP status of
Austin Healey drivers.  Kind of a hoot.  bill n