[Healeys] Headlamp Bucket Insallation

Subject: [Healeys] Headlamp Bucket Insallation
From: haywoodone at hotmail.com (George Haywood)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:48:47 -0400
Hi Bill,
Those "nodules" are positioning studs and have nothing to do with the threaded
studs that go through the fender holes.  Place the rubber gasket with one
rubber stud at the 12 o'clock position and another at the 9 o'clock for the
left light and 3 o'clock for the right light.  There should already be holes
in the fender and shroud surrounding the large light opening.  Dry fit your
bucket to the fender/shroud holes with the wires on the top of the bucket and
rotate the bucket until the threaded studs enter their respective holes,
remembering that the 12 o'clock hole is for the rubber gasket stud and the
wires need to come out at the upper area of the bucket.  The adjusters fit on
a totally different ring of the head light mechanism.  If you have a Moss
catalogue look at the blow up to see generally how the rings and gaskets are
set up.  I have a bj8 (single light) but I don't think there is much
difference in this area.  Wish I had a picture of this area on my car but I
don't although I do have a pre headlight installation picture which shows all
the holes surrounding the headlight hole which I will forward.  Hope this
helps.  It's really an easy installation once you figure out the orientation.

Good luck,

George Haywood
'65 bj8

> From: nelson_wd at msn.com
>> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:34:49 -0500
> Subject: [Healeys] Headlamp Bucket Insallation
>
> I am installing my headlamp buckets on my 59" 3000. The buckets have three
> brass colored receptacle with threads inside for the lamp adjusting screws
and
> threads outside (which I assume are for nuts to attach from the back side
of
> the fender to hold the bucket in place. My issue is how are the rubber
seals
> installed. it appears they go between the bucket and the outside of the
> fender, however the seals have nodules into which the brass colored
fittings
> are inserted. With the fitting inserted into the rubber nodule, then how do
> you attach a nut to the outside threads. Do I razor blade off the rubber
> nodule (I did not use "tit" to describe that portion of the seal for gender
> respect), put on the nut and then slip on the nodule over the brass
fitting.
> Thanks for any guidance. bill

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg]