[Healeys] Confused over size

Subject: [Healeys] Confused over size
From: go2ghill at aol.com (Greg Hill)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 00:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
 Noticing a little play in my front wheel on my BN4 and thought I needed to
replace the bearings. Ordered inside bearing, Timken 07087 and race 07196,
from Moss, but when I tried to put the outside bearing on my hub, it was too
small.

 I called Moss and everything seemed right to them. The part number was
correct and it was the right spec.(opening approximately .87). However, the
bearing won't even go over the threads at the end of my hub. Not sure if
anybody has experienced a similar problem or has advice for me.

Moss also thought if the bearing was okay I could take out the play by
removing one or two of the shims.

Greg Hill
BN4
Wheeless in Seattle