[Healeys] identify transmission

Subject: [Healeys] identify transmission
From: michael.oritt at gmail.com (Michael Oritt)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:19:29 -0400
Sam--

The BN1 transmission does not have a separate bell housing--it is a part of
the transmission.  The BN2 bell housing is a separate piece bolted to the
transmission as with most cars.

Also the shift pattern on a BN1 is "backwards" with first (blanked off) on
upper right and fourth on lower left.  A BN2 has a conventional four-speed
pattern.

Best--Michael Oritt