[Healeys] Brake master cylinder

Subject: [Healeys] Brake master cylinder
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock [Healey])
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:40:07 +1000
I've been looking at Healey brake balance a bit lately.
If you look at the evolution of Healey 3000 brakes, as I undestand it, we
had:
Rear wheel cylinder diameter of 3/4 in, 11 inch drum - with a type 14 (1.893
in dia piston) front caliper - with a 3/4in master cylinder
Rear wheel cylinder diameter of 3/4 in, 11 in drum - with a Type 16 ( 2.125
in dia piston) front caliper - with a 3/4 in master cylinder
Rear wheel cylinder diameter of 3/4 in, 11 in drum - with a type 16 (2.125
in dia piston) front caliper -  with a 7/8in master cylinder - and a booster

So the front brakes increased - but the rears didn't????
So who has EVER locked their Healey 3000 rear brakes? I'm betting no
one.....

Has anyone tried 7/8in rear wheel cylinders on a BJ8? Morgan ones look the
perfect swap over....

Chris