[Healeys] Works Healeys and left over bits 1969

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Works Healeys and left over bits 1969
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:17:19 +1100
I was excited by the huge response to my previous mail re John Chatham's
DD300 and flared guards that I felt additional info on this iconic
owner/racer/allround character and his Healey exploits would be warmly
welcomed.

Autosport's 1968 RACING SURVEY showed John Chatham and his Healey to be
the "second highest winningest driver"
Incidently he was beaten by "1968's Golden Boy Tim Schenken" who just
happens to be Australian and went on to drive F.1 and then Ferrari World
Championship sports cars.  He currently runs the Australian F.1 race at
Albert Park , Melbourne

Taken from an advert in the Feb 1969 Autosport magazine where DD300 is
FOR SALE is the following info;

. Fastest 3-litre Special Sports Car in the country

.Ten lap records

. Largest amount of race wins for single car in the country, during 1968

. PRICE   UK Pound  1450

To show how Chatham could compete at such a hign number events, the
following list of redundant ( to him at least ) parts would be a dream
to have today;

. New 3000 convertible hood with frame   25 pound
.New 3000 MK111  rear axle, complete brakes etc.   25 pound
.3000 Convertible windscreen assemblies, with frame  20 pound
.Steering boxes to suit all models  10 pound
.Front and rear bumper bar assemblies ( over-riders brackets etc.)
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html