[Healeys] little LBC, and I need Ford alternator help

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] little LBC, and I need Ford alternator help
From: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:54:21 -0800
Hey all, Hope all  yanks have a great Thanksgiving no matter were we  are
in the world.
To the rest of you, Have a happy Thursday.
My son's 1990 Ford Aerostar van ran the battery flat while parked for the
day. He left something on.
After the car was started from another car it ran until he turned on the
lights after a few minutes of run time. The van quit. He called AAA the tow
truck driver told him he had a bad alternator and we had it towed to my
house. I put it on a rapid charge and then started it after the charger
showed a full charge. It runs fine and the volatge gauge shows a steady 11+
volts. So how to do I test the alternator? It seems to be putting out the
correct charge.
Thanks all.
BTW. Top Gear had the show were they drive a British sports car form back
in the day for each of the hosts. A Jensen Healey, a TVR and a front
engined Lotus. They then drove to the defunct factory for each of the
marques. Fun and sad at the same time.
I've been working 7 days a week for a while as my partner has been injured.
So I hope to get back to my beauty before long.

--
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR