[Healeys] Master cylinder bleeding

Subject: [Healeys] Master cylinder bleeding
From: richard.ewald at gmail.com (Richard Ewald)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:00:21 -0700
It can be a real bitch to bleed a totally dry master brake cylinder on the car
if it was not bench bled first.
The best way if you don't want to take it off and we are talking a driver not
a trailer queen is to pack the area below the master cylinder with clean rags
and have someone pump up the pedal hold it down the you loosen the hydraulic
fitting at the master. Tighten and repeat until only fluid comes out.
Then bleed at the wheels.
If we are talking a show car I would pull the master and bench bleed it.
Rick

Sent from my iPhone