[Healeys] Master cylinder-Metric?

Subject: [Healeys] Master cylinder-Metric?
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 20:17:24 -0400
My 1973 MG Midget, which is of the LBC persuasion, is not metric.  My
neighbor's 1979 Triumph Spitfire is also not metric.  However, all cars
built in the USA have been metric for as long as instrument panel gauges,
knobs, and switches have had icons and not English words.

To be fair to the parts clerks, most of them never see anyone looking for
old British car parts and they are too young to have any personal knowledge
of the cars.  I ordered front brake pads for my BJ8 over the phone last week
from my local Autozone store.  When I called to see if the order was in yet,
I told the clerk it was for an "Austin-Healey".  After checking, he said
they had no order listed under my name.  I asked what name that was, since I
hadn't told them my name.  Yes, you did, he said.  What name was that?
"Austin Healey".

Sent from my PC

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666