[Healeys] Just another unfortunate reminder - fire

Subject: [Healeys] Just another unfortunate reminder - fire
From: healey.nut at gmail.com (Alan Seigrist)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:53:16 +0800
Once you see smoke, first thing you do is shut off the battery switch THEN
use your extinguisher which you should have within reach.  On all my LBC
cars, I add a battery cutoff switch even if the car didn't have it to start
with.

It appears the owner of this Jag Mk II did not keep a fire extinguisher in
his car.

I would say most LBC fires I've ever seen are related to a short in the
wiring harness.  Even if it is a fuel system problem, shutting off the
battery switch will cut the circuit to the pump.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/a-few-old-flames-turn-up-to-mar-couples-big-day/story-e6frea6u-1226186723232

Alan