[Healeys] Ruff running, bucking car -- fresh paint

Subject: [Healeys] Ruff running, bucking car -- fresh paint
From: mark at bradakis.com (Mark J Bradakis)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:58:08 -0700
Greg Mandas wrote:
> Something in this thread makes me wonder about grounding on a fresh rebuild,
> meaning a freshly painted car.
>
> When rewiring the grounds after a complete repaint, do you need to grind away
> the paint when attaching grounds?

It depends.  If the ground is made through a threaded fastener you
just need to make sure you are getting metal to metal contact on the
threads.  It may require chasing the threads with a tap to get a clean
surface.  If you have a male tab and a female connector going over it,
you should scrape away some of the paint to get a good ground.  A bit
of dielectric grease on the connection will help retard the rust.

mjb.