[Healeys] New Fasteners or Refurbished

Subject: [Healeys] New Fasteners or Refurbished
From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (john spaur)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:51:05 -0800
I started out using stainless steel in some locations then I started
re-plating original nuts, bolts and washers because some are unique.
Nuts with circles on the flats, bolts that I could tell were
originals by the markings and specially sized washers. In some not
very visible areas subject to rusting, I used stainless steel. I also
used some SS fasteners in the engine compartment too. I mixed things
up a bit. I have been using a Caswell plating kit to zinc plate. A
restorer I talked with recommends clear cadmium but you need to send
that out to a plater. He just loads everything into a box and sends
to somewhere in southern California.

John