[Healeys] Stearing wheel sticky

Subject: [Healeys] Stearing wheel sticky
From: mail at eberhard-pietzsch.de (Eberhard Pietzsch)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:01:57 +0100
Hi,

I have a problem removing the steering wheel of my BN6.

I recently managed to unscrew the large nut of the steering
wheel. Washer as well as aluminium (or alloy?) ring with nose
for indicator could be taken off.

Now the steering should be free to be pulled off. But it is
sticky. I can only move it about 1 cm forwand and backward.
I have made some fotos of this:

http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t1.jpg
http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t2.jpg

I can freely move the wheel between these two positions but
I have no chance to pull it of. There seems to be another
protection against pulling but I can't find it. Can someone
of you help me?

Thanks,
Eberhard

--