[Healeys] Solved: Stearing wheel sticky

Subject: [Healeys] Solved: Stearing wheel sticky
From: mail at eberhard-pietzsch.de (Eberhard Pietzsch)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:10:52 +0100
Hi,

many thanks to those of you who replied to my posting.
I finally managed to remove my steering wheel. Here the
solution, if you are interested:

- Take a really large pipe wrench or a equally large
   open-end spanner (the pipe wrench might be cheaper)
   http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t3.jpg

- Put it behind the steering wheel. Try to protect the
   aluminium wheel against the steel of the wrench using
   some old cloth or similar
   http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t4.jpg

- Take a respectable hammer
   http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t5.jpg

- Strongly hit the wrench from behind (it might help
   to close both eyes)
   http://www.eberhard-pietzsch.de/healey/t6.jpg

That's it,
Eberhard