Re: [Healeys] [Fwd: Your Iconic Healey]

To: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [Fwd: Your Iconic Healey]
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:59:36 -0600
I worked for Ed Bussey of Ship and Shore motors down in West palm Beach (
Healey distributor and Sebring racing sponsor) as the BMC boat captain. When
Donald or Geoff were in town I would often take them on the boat and usually
got to test drive or ride the latest Healey or BMC product. But although a car
guy, I never owned one for various reasons. Ed was also my son's godfather and
a longtime family friend. About 5 years ago I was asked to go look at a
"barnfind" Healey and when the deal didn't happen I did some research and
bought it for myself. I did it primarily because of nostalgic reasons from my
"youth" but also doing some track time and back country road driving against
and with other Marques the Healeys were always the ones I admired.
So that's my story of my BN7 sitting in the garage cooling down from a short
spin down a few country roads of southern KY today.

Regards,
Richard C

Sent from iPhone

On Dec 18, 2011, at 5:21 PM, "Joe and Lenore Armour" <sebring@hotkey.net.au>
wrote:

> Blokes
>
> With all the recent publicity and big dollar talk of Healeys it came to mind
that we all have an image of the Healey that means the most to each of us, or
is it the sound?

> Was it the Healey;
> .owned by your big sister's boyfriend
> .uncle Pete's
> .the red wreck in the neighbour's chickenshed
> .a 'Works' rally car picture
> .a gift from parents as a college present. ( several original women owners
from the 70's & 80's fitted this one)