[Healeys] Daimler SP 250 on the track video

Subject: [Healeys] Daimler SP 250 on the track video
From: michael.oritt at gmail.com (Michael Oritt)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:00:58 -0500
I got into a good tussle with a well-driven Daimler SP 250 at last year's
VRG Turkey Bowl at Summit Point, WV while driving my Elva MK IV
sportsracer.  You can see a video of it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnuW8AI-FE

The Daimler passes me on the downhill and we have a good dice for several
laps--I am a bit faster through the corners and can outbrake him but my
1220 cc engine cannot keep up with the V-8 on the straights.  Nevertheless
the Daimler handles quite well for a relatively large car.  The race ended
with my crashing heavily into a tire wall when a right front control arm
breaks suddenly.  Lots of damage to my car but no injury.

BTW the car in the video was powered by the original engine--I can only
imagine how fast the one on ebay would be! Though head-on a Daimler SP 250
is somewhat ideosynchratic the car's overall tough appearance is in keeping
with its nature.

Best--Michael Oritt