[Healeys] unable to post an e-mail

Subject: [Healeys] unable to post an e-mail
From: mark at bradakis.com (Mark J Bradakis)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 01:33:10 -0700
Jonathan Quandt wrote:
> why are my e-mail postings not going through?
Obviously this one made it.  I need to rewrite the blurb I did about
posting.

One of the most common is that people can't figure out that to send mail
to healeys at autox.team.net you send to healeys at autox.team.net.  Keep an
eye on where your replies, as well as new messages are going.

Another problem is not editing your replies.  Many mailers include the
original message in the reply and that can put the message over the
list's size limit. It really isn't that difficult to highlight and
delete the
parts that don't need to be seen again.

Keep in mind that *you* are not a member of the list, but your *email
address* is.  If you subscribed as workerbot at heartless.com but you
send mail from another account like kloolys at random.net your mail will
be held as a non-member submission.

What I really ought to do is come up with a nice FAQ page to add to the
links below so that folks can easily get some details on how this all works.
Yep, RealSoonNow.

mjb.