[Healeys] Scam E-mails

Subject: [Healeys] Scam E-mails
From: thehartnetts at earthlink.net (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:42:59 -0800
For those of us who have been the victim of a computer hijacking that sent
out spam e-mails under our e-mail address, it is nice to know that even the
big boys are prone to attack.  In today's newspaper, the following was
reported:

"Better Business Bureau is the target of a scam.  When it come to scams, the
Better Business Bureau is vigilant about warning consumers.  Now, it's the
victim of one.

In recent weeks, thousands of consumers and companies have reported that
they've had suspicious emails, purportedly from the BBB.  The emails include
attachments or links that, if opened, could give online thieves access to
personal or business computers.

Cailin Peterson, spokeswoman with the Northeast California BBB office in
West Sacramento, said the FBI is investigating...".

I should have contacted the FBI when my computer was attacked.  Maybe they
would have investigated for me!  ;-)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031