[Healeys] Your Iconic Healey

Subject: [Healeys] Your Iconic Healey
From: kentmclean at comcast.net (Kent McLean)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:58:45 -0500
Joe and Lenore Armour wrote:
> With all the recent publicity and big dollar talk of Healeys it came to mind
> that we all have an image of the Healey that means the most to each of us,
> or is it the sound?

As a young teen, a black-and-gold 100/6 would pass by my house on its
way to visit a neighbor. I love a convertible, and this one looked
fabulous (in spite of its colors) and sounded even better. When I heard
it was for sale, I bought it and did my first restoration. I changed
the color to BRG, and stitched up some white Naugahyde seats (hey, it
was the 60s). With its black hardtop, it was a nice 20 footer. Boy,
do I miss that car.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2