[Healeys] Record Healey Price!/Prices

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Record Healey Price!/Prices
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 08:21:40 -0600
This is something that has puzzled me for some time. A while back there was
a thread about a book on how LBCs worked. As soon as someone mentioned it,
the price for used copies zoomed to over $200. We discussed the same thing
here about the Moment/Anderson book.

The same thing happened with a cook book that my wife wanted me to get as a
present for a new bride. Several years ago I got one for her  for $14..95
on Amazon. This time when I looked there were three used copies. One for
$24.95, one for $176, and one for $179. Barnes and Noble had a used one for
$345! When Looked at the book it was a small paperback that sold for $6.95
in 1983! The publisher no longer exists.

Do folks really think someone will pay that much? Back when I was a Lionel
train collector I was visiting a book store that specialized in
transportation literature and notice an instruction sheet for a Lionel
accessory that was still available at hobby shops. The price was twice the
cost of the accessory. When I pointed out to the clerk that you could by
the accessory including instruction sheet for less than his price for his
instruction sheet, he said "someone will eventually buy it."

Is that the secret of these prices, or are the sellers just hoping to catch
some unknowing person?

Jack.