Re: [Healeys] Possible explanation on the Petronix positive ground

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Possible explanation on the Petronix positive ground
From: "chris.masucci@alumni.rutgers.edu" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:29:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bob,

I ran into this when I first installed my Pertronix on my positive ground BJ8.
I found that the Pertronix doesn't draw as much current as points and
therefore does not create enough of a magnetic field with only one loop on the
back of the tach.  I ended up splicing in some thin wire so I could make 3 or
4 loops where there would normally only be one and that made the tach very
responsive and accurate.

You might try this.

Cheers,
Chris