Re: [Healeys] synthetic oil

To: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] synthetic oil
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:44:35 +0100
Ira,
It is the 50 that counts for the viscosity.
I would advise against synthetic oils though in our classic cars.  The
so dreaded lower zinc contents may be an issue although I never
encountered of trouble on this side of the pond with that. but also you
may encounter problems with seals and gaskets causing leakages. Good old
20W50 mineral oil changed every year has served us well for decades so
better stick with it as long as it is available.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL