[Healeys] restart after 2 years

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] restart after 2 years
From: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:58:47 -0800
My car has sat with oil in it for 2 years.
After a 3 month break, i will be getting back to the beast this weekend.
If anyone in the Portland, OR area is on the list and has adjusted doors
before, I could use some hands on help.

I will poor some ZPD additive into the top of the engine, then crank it by
hand, then with the coil unplugged, then kick it off. I have never spent
the correct procedure before to restart the car after it sat for a while,
so there could be damage, but the car always started right up before with
great oil pressure.
I have a bottle of Motor Silk (given as a gift) that claims to be high in
ZPD.
I have over 35K on the engine, so this might all be much ado about nothing.
the engine was run in in 1977 with start up oil, first oil change at 500
miles and so forth, back in the day.
Thanks for the info on Brad Penn Oil. there are two distributors in
Portland.
Oil starts religion wars, so I appreciate the comments on the topic.
Just like in the Computer world, asking if LINUX, Mac or Windows is better
will really get folks blood pressure up.
I'm agnostic. i use all 3 platforms. Please do not post to list
on computer platform choice, or restart the oil wars.
Cheers

--
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR