[Healeys] Fw: Hard top part- Cont.Part 2

To: "Michael Oritt" <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: Hard top part- Cont.Part 2
From: "Graeme Molony" <molony@dodo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:30:47 +1100
     Michael (part 20.

    The advice received on the chat line set me thinking and I subsequently
spoke with the original owner a couple of days ago about the fit of the
hardtop as I ways remembered it as not being a problem.

    Notwithstanding my memory of the car which goes back too many years he
confirmed that although it was not a perfect fit it did fit reasonably well
with the different moulding although it sat slightly differently on the rear
shroud than would have been the case with a 4 seater hardtop and  moulding.

    Having said that there never appeared to be any problems when the hardtop
was on the car it never leaked when it rained and there was no sign of it ever
trying to  lift off or damage to the shroud etc

    The car eventually did about 30,000 miles while in my and my mates
possession mainly in anger as it was used extensively in Rally's both here and
interstate and for race track timed events etc. In fact the other Graeme who
was the original owner until his business went belly up and he sold the car to
us to look after for a number of years was Club Competition Champion in the
car for a number of years.

    I still have a number of the trophies we one jointly in club rally
championship events.

    I guess what all of this boils down too is that the list members are
correct that the 4 seater moulding and the 2 seater unit are different however
a 4 seater moulding with a bit of effort  can be made to fit a 2 seater
hardtop and will fit on the car.

    Fore give my ramblings but thought I owed you an explanation.

    By the way it was a great looking car and until you opened the hood or
heard it running it was impossible almost to pick as being a Nasty Boy. When
sold we included the piece from the left hand footwell that was removed
originally to allow the V8 to be fitted so it could be returned to original
fairly easily. When purchased in Nevada there was no engine and gearbox in the
car

    Cheers

    Graeme J Molony

    Email: molony@dodo.com.au