[Healeys] Venting a PCV

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Venting a PCV
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 06:43:01 -0000
Following on from my recent PCV query......

My 3000 is a MkII BT7, a Tricarb in fact. It's 3 inlet manifolds are linked
by a tube called, I think, a "balance pipe". My car is one of a few Mk II
BT7s which has a factory fitted servo; this servo gets its vacuum via a tube
which goes into the "balance pipe" which is relevant because:-

As yet I still cannot get the plug out of the front inlet manifold despite a
lot of penetrating oil and heavy action with an impact driver. Is there any
reason why I shouldn't vent my PCV into the balance pipe? Or will the oily
gases find their way into the servo and gradually wreck it?

Regarding the plug, that round screw headed item in the front inlet, is it
solid all the way from the top down? Or is most of it hollow? It looks
likely that I'll have to drill and tap it out and I wonder just much
drilling is involved....

Thanks,

Simon