[Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question

Subject: [Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 05:48:15 -0500
Stephen, I don't know whether you are installing a new grille in the
console, or removing one that is already there.  If installing a new one, I
put my speaker grille in the console with small washers over the tabs before
prying the legs of the tabs apart with a flat blade screwdriver enough to
snug up the washers to secure the grille.  It isn't necessary to spread the
tab legs far enough to break them off.  The washer technique also makes it
possible to remove the grille if desired without having to risk breaking off
the tabs.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

Actually it was the speaker grille, not the chrome strips, that is
held on with bent tabs.
Stephen, BJ8