[Healeys] Early 100-Six Racing

Subject: [Healeys] Early 100-Six Racing
From: kymberlybostic at aol.com (Ms. K.S.Bostic, MBA)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:38:22 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I am the grandaughter of LaRuth Bostic. I believe the attached is confirmation
of " a interesting and notable piece of history". I hope this information is
helpful. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerly,

Ms.K.S.Bostic,MBA

Early 100-Six Racing

from [Patton Dickson]

[Permanent Link][Original]

Healey List <healeys at autox.team.net>

Early 100-Six Racing

Patton Dickson <57healey at gmail.com>

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:44:56 -0500

While doing a little more digging on early 100-Six racing, I found a
list of many SCCA races listing the entrants along with car for 1957
(LOTS of Healeys).  If you follow this link
http://wsrp.wz.cz/natus1957.html#179 , it lists La Ruth Bostic driving
a 100-6 in 3 races at Riverside in 1957

I decided to see who she was I came across this link
http://www.mshf.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=categories&action=display&num=109
3626162
 referring to a LaRuth Bostic (slightly different spelling) as being
the first African-American female race car driver.

Does anyone know about this, its an interesting and notable piece of
history if it can be confirmed.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - '57 A-H 100-Six
Homepage - http://Austin-Healeys.com/

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
LaRuth_Bostic.pdf]