[Healeys] Seat Belts - A Cution

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Seat Belts - A Cution
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:57:11 -0600
When I got my BT7 I immediately bought the ;mounting points and retractible
seat belts.

My first task was to take the car to Fourintune to get some things sorted
out. One of the things I brought to Tom were the seatbels and mounting
points. He refused to install them, and also refused to tell my why. It
eventually turned out to be a liability issue.. Tom was being properly
cautious.

I eventually found out why from another shop who said they would do it if
payment was in cash, and there was no paper trail. Seems that the concern
was that with the car being over 40 years old there was no assurance that
the sheet metal that the mounting points were attached to were good enough.

Just be careful to check the metal when you add the belts.

I still use the lap belts that the car came with.

Jack