[Healeys] Jet Locking Nut

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Jet Locking Nut
From: ahy3000@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:04:25 +0000 (UTC)
All,

I've got a pair of HS6s mostly disassembled but cannot budge the jet locking
nut on either carb. I am presently soaking the jet bearing/jet locking nut in
PB Blaster to see (hope) that it helps. I'm afraid to put too much torque on
the nut until I get hold of a whitworth (I believe 3/8 W) socket. Even then,
I'll have to devise some sort of jig to hold the carb since my bench vise is
1/2" too small.

Anyone encounter this before? Suggestions?

On another note - I've gotten a lot out of this list and finally got guilted
into sending some money to Mark via paypal.

Burt Weiner
'63 BJ7
HBJ7L/23582
ahy3000@comcast.net