[Healeys] Grand Prix - The Killer Years - On Velocity Channel

Subject: [Healeys] Grand Prix - The Killer Years - On Velocity Channel
From: JPayne at ThorCon.net (Jonas Payne)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 18:16:01 +0000
This is very powerful stuff and a real eye opener.

Watched this with my kids (age 12 and 10) last night.  They groaned about
"another car show" when it started, but were hooked within a few minutes, and
both were very angry and sad by the time the show got to Jim Clark.

I have been trying to strike an interest from them in something (anything)
automotive in my kids for years, and the show captured their interest on
several levels above and beyond the macabre.  They came away with an
understanding of the competitiveness, the danger, the speed, the people and
beauty of the cars and the sport.

Having read the stories, and seen still photos, I can attest that the film
along with the interviews gave me a new found respect for these guys, as well
as a genuine sense of loss and anger for drivers (and spectators) who were
tragically hurt or even killed in motorsport.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084