[Healeys] Most Successful 6 cyl Austin Healey Racer - MORE

Subject: [Healeys] Most Successful 6 cyl Austin Healey Racer - MORE
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:27:53 +0100
An afterthought:

XJB 877 (HBN7-13710) was the most campaigned works rally car, being run 9 times
at international level between 1961 - 1963, nostly by Pat Moss, but also by
Aaltonen, Riley and Hopkirk.

Many of the other cars were run 8 times. Some cars also ran in "lesser" rallies
as well. Their official life seems to be 2-3 years, unless someone really
totalled them.

Of course many were campaigned privately after they were sold. For example PMO
203 was rallied into the mid'60s having started out in 1958, on one occasion
even coming home ahead of Pat Moss! Of course many ended up being used in
Supersports and the like.

Peter Dzwig