[Healeys] CD ROM publication HMC1001 V1.3 - Austin Healey 1953 to 1959

Subject: [Healeys] CD ROM publication HMC1001 V1.3 - Austin Healey 1953 to 1959
From: hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk (mike brooks)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:16:18 +0100 (BST)
 Just coming out of the Scottish winter and rebuilding the rear brakes on the
100 ready for MOT next week. In the process I needed some parts info, so went
to fire up the CD ROM that I bought about three years ago, produced by HMC who
run the motor museum at Gaydon and also produce the build certificates that
many of us have made use of. To my displeasure, I discovered the CD would not
open on my PC. After some effort I have discovered that it will not run on any
Windows version beyond XP, and no Adobe Acrobat Reader version beyond the 6.0
that is embedded on the CD. I have contacted HMC, and they deny any
responsibility. Greer Associates who produced the software suggest I buy the
(now current) DVD with the same content!! HMC by the way no longer have any
connection with Greer. Greer then passed me to a software outfit called
Hexalock, who apparently produced the "protection" software that prevents a
user from doing anything other than print to hard
 copy. I only emailed them today, so maybe it's early to expect a response.
Let's see what happens. Meanwhile, have any of you guys got the same CD ROM
and has anyone found a work-around? I would like to run the CD on a PC with
Windows 7 and Adobe Acrobat Reader v 9.5.

I am not very pleased with either
HMC or Greer associates. Their software did not last past two Windows versions
and would not accept ANY later Adobe versions. I don't think this is really
"fit-for-purpose". Any thoughts?

Mike Brooks
'56 BN2
Scotland