[Healeys] Coolant leak

Subject: [Healeys] Coolant leak
From: ggilliam at usol.com (ggilliam at usol.com)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:42:15 -0400
  A couple days ago I noticed a damp area under the car, a Longbridge
BN4, and the coolant level down in the radiator. Since it was reasonably
warm today I investigated the condition and it looks like the thermal
system tube for the water temp indicator is the source of the leak. In
this car the bulb is installed in the bottom of the radiator top tank,
and the leak appears to be where the small coil wound tube enters the
larger bulb.
   Has anyone experienced this condition, and is there a fix short of
having to remove the gauge and thermal system and get it rebuilt? I
don't think the leak rate is significant, but things always seem to fail
at the most inconvenient times or in the worst places. I was thinking of
trying to put some epoxy putty around the tube, or RTV....I don't think
duct tape will work here....

  Regards,
   Gordy
   Fenton, MI