[Healeys] Vapor Lock Symptoms (Kind Of)

Subject: [Healeys] Vapor Lock Symptoms (Kind Of)
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:57:07 -0400 (EDT)
Steven,
This sounds like an air leak on the suction side of the fuel pump. These can
be very difficult to find. I accidentally found one on my car. I filled the
tank up so that there was fuel in the filler tube leading from the gas cap to
the tank. About 6" from the top of the tube. With the engine off & the right
wheel off so that you can look closely at the fuel line from the tank to the
pump, inspect the connections both at the pump & at the fuel tank (in the
trunk) to see if any gas is seeping out. The column of fuel in the filler tube
should create enough pressure is cause fuel to leak out where air would be
drawn in during driving. I hope this makes sense. Stoping the air leak can
also be difficult. Good luck
Gary Hodson