[Healeys] Which electronic ignition?

Subject: [Healeys] Which electronic ignition?
From: ah at jharper.demon.co.uk (John Harper)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:46:13 +0100
Just a query.

I read in many documents in the past that the vacuum advance in an
original distributor, advanced the spark on light throttle so as to
compensate for the slower combustion burn with weak mixture. Without it
higher fuel consumption whilst cruising is likely. I have experienced
this myself when a vacuum unit has failed when the diaphragm is
punctured.

Some of the options listed in previous e-mails do not have any method of
measuring the vacuum from the carburettor so I have to assume that these
are less fuel efficient on long, steady speed journeys.

Any comments please

Regards
--
John Harper