[Healeys] Fw: Which electronic ignition?

Subject: [Healeys] Fw: Which electronic ignition?
From: medlabinc at msn.com (Dick Matson)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:31:15 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Dick Matson<mailto:medlabinc at msn.com>
To: AustinHealey List<mailto:healeys at autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 8:23 AM
Subject: Fw: [Healeys] Which electronic ignition?

Thank you for your passion Chris.

Recently I was looking over something called EDIS Ignition - available
currently for E-Types and maybe TR-6s now - and wondering if it might have
application to the 6-cylinder Healeys.

I don't know about possible cost or otherwise much else about EDIS yet.  It
apparently incorporates a Ford controller and installation of a trigger wheel
mounted to the crank.

The feature I liked about EDIS is that it deals with the fuel, 2012 and wear
factors you mention.  Also - reverse the installation procedure to go back to
factory original if desired.  It is not a system that in case of anything
permits re-installation of points/condenser on the road however.

Merely looking at options and asking around.  NFI.

Dick Matson / Bj8