[Healeys] Brand new MGB GT LE 1981

Subject: [Healeys] Brand new MGB GT LE 1981
From: mark at bradakis.com (Mark J Bradakis)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:30:25 -0600
Here's what I wrote the other day on the MG list about a car we had come
into the shop:

Some fellow purchased a new 1980 MGB limited edition.  He drove it from
Salt Lake up to his place in Heber, about 40 miles away.  He died a week or
so later.  Wow.

His son took over the place, the MG sat in a heated outbuilding under wraps
for these many years.  The daughter now wants to drive it.  The first
time it
came into Mike's shop it had just over 100 miles on it.  Friday when we put
in a new fuel sending unit it was way up to 500.  The parts aren't
wearing out,
they are dying of boredom!  It even has the original tires.  Clean,
unmolested,
wow.

She is thinking of driving it to New York this summer.  And yes, she
will put
new tires on it before doing so.

Personally if it were mine *I* wouldn't put thousands of miles on it for
a road
trip.