[Healeys] Chasing Electrical Short

Subject: [Healeys] Chasing Electrical Short
From: enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk (Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:54:47 +0100
Hi Bob, sounds like a definite short to ground somewhere. Best way is to
disconnect the battery and connect a lamp between the battery +ve and the
battery cable you have disconnected. With a short in the system this will
light the lamp. Start by disconnecting everything under the dash one at a
time and whatever puts the light out when you disconnect it is the source of
the short. Investigate this part of the circuit in detail to locate the
problem.

Kindest Regards

Tom
Tom McCay - Director, CCW-Tools, a division of Classic-Car-World Ltd, 32
Washingborough Road, Heighington, Lincoln, LN4 1RE. 01522 888178 (Tel) 0870
705 9115 (fax) enquiries at ccw-tools.com  www.ccw-tools.com

Registered address: 32 Washingborough Road, Heighington, Lincoln, LN4 1RE.
Classic-Car-World Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 3930761.  VAT registration number: 755 7630 05