[Healeys] fitting piston/caliper seals

Subject: [Healeys] fitting piston/caliper seals
From: Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com (Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:10:56 +0200
Hi Simon,
I have just done it with mine. Fit the rubber boot first with its lip to the
caliper. When the lip is properly in the groove, then push the piston in the
caliper and when its nearly at the end of travel the lip automatically jumps
in the groove of the piston. The most fiddling is to get the first step done -
rubber boot to caliper and to get the piston in passing the inner rubber
sealing ring. I use some Penrite rubber grease and grease the rubber boot and
sealing ring before fitting. You need most of the time for the first one to
get the trick.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----