Re: [Healeys] BT7 update

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BT7 update
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:33:07 +1000
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi John, I'll take you up on that, just make sure you include the body number plates :) And Bob with a number like that ( I especially like the X at the end ) were talking a new all time record Healey auction price! Move over NOJ. It does raise an interesting point, I bought this car for $2500.00 and it was basically complete. I could have spent $20,000.00 for a car and ended up throwing half of what I paid for in the bin anyway. At the $20,000.00 level I will have the remains and a brand new Kilmartin frame with the extra stiffening web in the centre of the rails, fitted with new bulkheads. If you have to replace the bottom quater of a mudguard, does it cost any more to replace the bottom half? Do I want a chassis in my car that is 50 years old that rusts from the inside out? What use is the old trim when your restoring a car? Is a half worn out engine less expensive to rebuild than a totally seized engine? One the down side on this car is the level of corrosion on mechanical components, I'll post some images soon, but it's quite amazing. Thankfully most of them are easy to get and not expensive.
Anyway, it's all good fun
Cheers
Larry