Re: [Healeys] 100 +

To: Fred Crowley <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 +
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:02:03 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
"Y'all take care, eh?"

Canadexan, or a Texanadian?

Canooxan? Texanook?

Bob

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

----- Original Message -----

On my race '62 3000, at Texas World Speedway, I regularly get the car up to
around 130 mph at the end of the start/finish straight. I've lowered the
front end about 1 1/2 inches and the rear about 3/8", use competition
springs up front and comp leaf springs in back (D. Welch). Rock solid
(relatively speaking - it is an old english bus after all). Lowering the car
looks good and has stabilized the car at speed, but of course this has only
made ground clearance even worse. No problem at the track, but one needs to
be more conscious of obstructions on the street. An obvious question to me
tho', do y'all want to do a 100mph with a street car. Most speed limits top
out @70 (75 in west Texas), so I would think that a little better stability
over a 100 would be a non-issue at legal speeds (be aware of course that
I've sucked up a lot of 110 octane fuel over the years so my perspective
might be a tad different)????? Good tires and a solid suspension (good
shocks, springs, alignment and camber) would probably give a better return
than coping with a lower ground clearance.

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred
a.k. Team Healey Texas