[Healeys] For those really interested in BN1 DETAIL!!

Subject: [Healeys] For those really interested in BN1 DETAIL!!
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 21:04:47 -0700
re: "Anyone got any idea of the tooling or technique used to make these
cutouts?"

My guess would be a jig saw or small body saw like this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html

Dumb question:  do some BN1s and 2s have these cutout vents?  Our BN2's fenders
only have the 3 holes for the chrome
spears' studs.

If you get a chance, I could use closeups of how the shroud is attached to the
cowl near the fascia.  I know there are
pop rivets and sheetmetal screws as well as the usual 10-32 machine screws, but
we got into a frenzy disassembling our
car and didn't take enough pictures.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net