Re: [Healeys] Donington Classic Race Weekend - Photos of amazing cars in

To: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Donington Classic Race Weekend - Photos of amazing cars including Healeys
From: "E. A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 12:36:08 -0600
Cc: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi Derek

Super to see closeups of Group C cars, I certainly will not see them at the Saskatoon Stock Car track but with your photos and my collection of 1/32 scale slot cars can continue to enjoy this series. Just another great old British track with an interesting history. Many thanks Derek for the opportunity
to enjoy the cars through your photos!
Cheers
Ed
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Historian, AHCUSA

Derek Job wrote:
Petrolheads,

Yesterday I was at Donington for the classic race meeting. This is one of
the top events in Europe with all the top dollar racers and cars including
Group C monsters. There were about 6 Healeys racing including a couple of
100S's and the Record car that was built by Jeremy Welch.

Re the recent thread on tyres, Avon are very much alive and well and they
had their works support truck in attendence and there is a photo of a
technician hand cutting treads for wet tyres. The red Aston Martin Ulster
number 38  is being driven by a lady and she was in 5th place until the car
developped a misfire. No rollbars or seat belts!

Check out the photos here

http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj530/derekcjob/Donington/

Derek
www.healeysix.net