Re: [Healeys] Temp Gauge

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Temp Gauge
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 15:08:14 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
re: " I believe the factory used
these calibration points with specific input voltages in order to make the
gauge reasonably accurate over its full range"

AFAIK, the gauge is entirely 'mechanical,' driven by expanding ether moving a
Bourdon tube. Thanks for the tip on the needle, I think if I can get 180 when
running stable I'd be happy.

I know the speedos have a 'calibration' point--a small white dot at about
(negative) 5MPH--but I don't see any dots on the temp gauge. Mine used to read
212 exactly when I shut the engine down, so it was probably accurate before.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA