Re: [Healeys] Trying to help someone validate his car. <mailto:healeys-r

To: m.brouillette@comcast.net
From: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:20:12 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
No shock tower vin on BT7
Only othyer way to ID the car is with body # stamps on anodized aluminum
body molding or engine #. Many Cali cars had vin tags radomly assigned in
the 70s when they were just old cars and brough tback to life. When I
worked at Austin Healey Enterprises We had a box of VINs and just guessed
as to the right tag for a car we built from wrecks. My car which is a BT7
came with a 100-6 tag when I bought it in 1975. The engine was from another
donor.I sent in my engine # to generate a the correct BT7 vin # and car
color.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR